Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Getting a US License when not in US

Apr 27th 2014, 11:09


Joined: Apr 4th 1998, 00:00
Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Later this year I expect to spend about 3 months in Washington DC. I know I can get a Cept license but really want to get a US callsign. Is there a way I can do this?
Cliff G3NDC
May 28th 2014, 21:13


Joined: Apr 4th 1998, 00:00
Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Just take the test. Only real requirement is they will only send your license to a postal address that takes domestic postage. This includes Army Post Office (APO)/ Fleet Post Offices (FPO), street addresses. Post Office Boxes and Private Mail Boxes (PMB) such as Mail Boxes etc. Every year at Dayton Hamvention a handful of foreigners take the test. They will ask for an FRN or Social Security Number. Apply for an FRN, it is free at: Where it asks for a Social Security Number in the "drop down box" choose "The individual is foreign":remember the VE's are volunteers and may not know this so I'd get the FRN before going to take the exam.

Back to Top


Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn