ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

All U Lucky Bird Op's

Oct 31st 2014, 17:37

0001582470H80

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I live in en22ha and the entire portion of the satellite band on 2m is ruined by trucking companies, farmers and custom field services. Feel lucky you do not live in Iowa.Where all your work setting up has been spoiled by unlicensed users. Besides business farm operations on 145.945 , 145.835 and145.845, even the Experimental portion is being invaded. Enjoy while you can !
Jun 12th 2019, 06:48

WA1LBK

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Why not let the FCC know about it? - Make some recordings, get some antenna headings & submit the info to the FCC & perhaps also ARRL volunteer monitors. If we don't defend our "turf", the intrusions will only get worse. Years ago, I & another ham in our club PERSONALLY "nailed" a couple of foul-mouthed teens messing up our 2 M. repeater (they picked up an HT a club member forgot at a local Dunkin Donuts). Spoofing their CB-style operation (this was near the peak of the "10-4 Good Buddy" wackiness), we talked them into coming back to the Dunkin Donuts for a cup of coffee, while I tracked them with a DF antenna. When we saw them pull up into the parking lot, I walked up their car with my Sony 8mm camcorder (state-of-the-art back then) & said, "Hi! You're now on videotape with an illegal radio!." (The shocked "caught with my hand in the cookie jar" look on the teen's face was PRICELESS!). When my companion started mentioning possible $10 K FCC fines, the kids couldn't hand the HT back fast enough, so the club member got his HT back as well. ;) Tom WA1LBK

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn