ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

HDSDR is not working.

Feb 15th 2018, 18:43

N1AUP

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I purchased an RTLSDR box off of Ebay, to use as a PAN adapter for a Kenwood TS590SG.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-100KHz-1-7GHz-Full-Band-U-VHF-RTL-SDR-USB-Tuner-Receiver-R820T-8232-Radio/131452779473?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

When I run HDSDR, I don't see any signals showing up on the PC screen.

Here is what I've done so far.

I confirmed the Kenwood is putting signal out on the DRV port, by patching same into the SO239 on a second receiver.

I connected the SDR to the PC, installed the Zadig drivers, Omnirig, and HDSDR.

SDRSharp works. I see signals, and hear audio that matches what is coming in on the Kenwood if I manually sync the two.

HDSDR talks to the Kenwood just fine. Changes frequency and mode.

When I run HDSDR though, I see no signals on the screen, and hear no audio coming out. I'm betting that I have the software set up wrong, but after hacking around for four weeks, I'm no closer to finding a solution.

Is there someone who is intimately familiar with HDSDR who can talk me through settings to find out where I'm messing up? I'd love to get it working so I can see signals on the various bands.

Thanks
Feb 26th 2018, 05:29

N1AUP

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Problem solved. I found the entry "Options / Misc Options / Reset to factory settings". That fixed whatever was not set right in the software.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn