ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Do the Section Managers of ARRL Have a Code of Ethics

Feb 27th 2019, 00:15

AA4EZ

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Is there a code of ethics for the ARRL Section Managers? I have a few emails sent to me from an ARRL Section Manager cursing me for questioning if an item he listed for sell had a warranty. I did not use any curse words in emails that I sent responding back to him. He just kept sending me ranting cursing emails. Is this accepted action to be expected from ARRL Section Managers? 73, Ray AA4EZ
Feb 27th 2019, 08:33

W1VT

Super Moderator

I've never heard of one.

There was a briefly a code of conduct for Division Directors, but it was just rescinded at the last board meeting. See minute 10 of the Board minutes.

10. Repeal of ARRL Policy on Board Governance and Conduct of Members of the Board
of Directors and Vice Directors
Jun 24th 2019, 07:03

N7PAT

I have had similar questions. There appears to be no check and balance on the Section level. The easy answer would be to say that the ballot box is the check and balance. What if the voting members are being duped and lulled into a sense of “all is well” by what appears to be above board but in actuality is not? What if they are not aware of conflicts of interest or unethical behavior? How do you respond to “The ARRL is aware of that and approved it.”? What is the recourse to confirm such declarations?
Jun 27th 2019, 10:26

WB1GCM

Super Moderator

Write to your Division Director if you are not happy with your section manager. If you're not happy with your Director, write to the ARRL President.

Sounds like your complaint stems from personal business, not ARRL related matters.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn