ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Kenwood TR-7950 MIC need photos

Oct 30th 2020, 00:32

K0CTR

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Greetings everyone- this is my first post on this forum and am glad to now be a member of the ARRL family. I should have signed up years ago! Glad a few folks in my local club talked me into it.

Folks- I purchased an early to mid-80s vintage Kenwood TR-7950
2 meter mobile rig off of ebay. It's actually in pretty decent shape but i am cleaning it up and getting it ready to test out and if all works well, install a tone board and then donate to a member in my club who could use a mobile base station. Or I might just keep it myself and use it as my mobile base station and get the other member something newer I really like these 80s and 90s vintage rigs.

In the process of cleaning it up, I disassembled the microphone as it was caked with gunk from over the years and I wanted to get the mic case soaked in some de greasing and cleaning fluid & sanitized with the internals removed. The problem- I failed to take photos of the inside before I removed the guts, and now I am having a hard time getting it back together the proper way, in particular where the PTT switch and associated wire connected to the PTT button (that returns the PTT switch to stand-by/non transmit/pushed out mode) are connected. Do any of you have one of these rigs and would you mind unscrewing the back of the mic taking a few photos of the guts and how the metal wire/spring wire is connected and how the PTT switch is mounted? I'd be most grateful! I've already searched the web but have not come up with anything promising.

Thank you

Ryan
K0CTR

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn