ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Happy to see this forum

Mar 18th 2012, 03:33

AD6QF

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hello everyone,

My name is Bob, AD6QF, and I teach high school physics. I was pleased to read the recent email from ARRL Education Services that this forum has been initiated for teachers to discuss their use of wireless technology in the classroom. I was fortunate to participate in a Teacher Institute in 2007 and the also the first TI-2 in 2009. I was also pleased to read that Mark Spencer (who taught both of my TI workshops), WA8SME will be moderating this forum. The Teachers Institutes managed to rekindle my interest in ham radio and gave me some practical ways to integrate wireless technology into my curriculum. Last year, I was approached by some of my physics students about helping them to get licensed. I taught a class (mostly online through podcasts) and four students earned their technician's licenses. This year, one those students, Sherman KJ6PJH, upgraded to General and recruited another group of students this year. I currently have about 8 students who have been studying and plan to take their technician's test at the end of the month. I look forward to exchanging ideas with other teachers on this forum.

Best Regards,

Bob, AD6QF
Mar 20th 2012, 15:35

WD5AGO

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hello Group

I agree Bob! I have not followed closely the Teacher Institute group but am available if anyone is looking for ideas on electronics used in the classroom. We have a ARC at the college were I instruct electronic and engineering courses and hold testings 2 times a year. Last semester we had 11 pass. One student activity is a antenna design and building contest, a small antenna range is lower cost than teachers may think. We would enjoy setting up radio experiments with another school. We do have a moon bounce station if that is of some help.

Tommy WD5AGO

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn