ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

QST in electronic format

Jan 24th 2013, 17:58

N4AAB

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I find it is much easier to read large pdfs on my ereaders, I have 3, than on my color Nook. I didn't have computers growing up, home versions didn't exist. But I have gotten to like them since they came into being.

The 'Tanlij' name is a placeholder until I get my license. Hopefully this year.

Jim
Jan 25th 2013, 17:59

KL0S

Just received an e-mail from ARRL offering to "opt out" of the paper copy of QST. As I pointed out in a separate forum section the quality of print from the Adobe Air file is simply not acceptable (at least to me) if you care to have a printout of an article for your records. If the file were in the .pdf format I would seriously consider opting out - but until the print quality improves I will continue with my paper copy.

I think the powers that be should at least point out to anyone considering this option that their print quality will not be as good as that of a .pdf file (and I'm guessing the annual pubs CD versions as well). If that's acceptable then fine, but at least let it be an informed decision.

Dino KL0S
Jan 25th 2013, 22:22

N4AAB

I have found pdf computer books to be very readable in black/white and color on all 3 of my ereaders and my Asus tf300 tablet. Much preferable. And rescalable pdfs work best on ereaders and tablets due to the varying screen sizes. Mine go from 5 inches to 10.1 inches diagonal measurement.

Jim
Jan 31st 2013, 01:02

N2EAB

Anyone have experience downloading and viewing Digital QST offline with the Nook HD Plus? I am considering purchasing this device and want to be sure it is compatible with the Digital QST, Adobe Air, Nxtbook triad.

Mike
Oct 25th 2013, 19:25

AC0QG

I finally got tired of the kindle os limitations. I converted my kindle fire hd to android using N2Aos. I downloaded the QST app from Google play. It works great, even offline.
Jan 10th 2014, 04:18

W8AJV

Darn! Got a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 for xmas and can't read my QST subscription. Oh well, I guess I'll read it at home. At least I've got CQ mag to read on the road. Hurry up ARRL, get with the technology!
73 and keep trying,
-aj- W8AJV

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn